Vendors’ Meet as a part of Vigilance Awareness Week
A vendors’ meet was organised in MRPL Employees Recreation Centre on 30th October 2018, as a part of the Vigilance Awareness Week. More than 500 vendors from different parts of Karnataka and neighbouring states participated in the meet.
Shri VNS Venkatramana, CGM - Materials welcomed the gathering.
Shri K Upendra Rao, DGM Vigilance briefed on transparency in the tendering process and timely processing of bills. He also highlighted on the GeM, the National Public Procurement Portal, how the vendors could be benefitted by the site.
Shri T Ramakrishna, GGM – Maintenance spoke on the occasion and briefed on the initiatives, developments and emerging trends in public procurements. He appealed vendors to render timely good service and MRPL will reciprocate positively, he assured.
Later presentation on various topics were organized;
- Shri Venugopal VJ, Chief Manager (Materials), gave a presentation with respect to MRPL perspective on Initiatives, Developments and Emerging trends in Public Procurement and also explained on E-Tendering, On-line Vendor Registration and Vendor Bill tracking System.
- Shri. Madhusudhan Goud from Axis Bank, gave a presentation on TReDS (Trade Receivables & Discounting System), a new concept by RBI to facilitate financing of Trade Receivables of MSMEs from multiple financiers through online bidding process.
- Shri. Nanda Gopal Shenoy, Chartered Accountant, presented on ‘Goods & Service Tax – A way ahead’.
- Shri Socrates, Dy Director - MSME presented on benefits available for MSME vendors. He complimented MRPL for the increased number of vendors gathered for the Vendor Meet. He also appealed vendors to go for the production of next generation goods.
- Shri. Munish Sharma, Assistant Manager – NSIC briefed on how NSIC(National Small Industries Corporation) is helpful for the small budding industries.
A very useful interactive session followed in which many vendors raised various queries and concerns. Shri. Pankaj Agarwal, GGM (Materials) and Shri. V.N.S. Venkatramana, CGM (Materials) answered the queries related to Procurement and Tendering. Shri B Ramesh Kumar, CGM (Admn- Contract Cell, Logistics, OL & Security) responded to the queries related to Statutory Compliances and Security Pass.
Shri Suresh.K.Rao, CGM (Materials) proposed the vote of thanks. The program was compered by Shri B Sandeep Naik, CGM (Marketing Operation). Material Department took a lead to organize this Meet which turned out to be a successful event.